The job is for a Technical Artist in the metaverse group at Improbable. The role involves creating technical art processes and pipelines, providing constructive feedback on the quality of technical aspects of art, setting an example for the technical art team, taking ownership of complex tasks, and supporting the art team with technical guidance. The ideal candidate should be a subject matter expert in technical art, have experience with game engines and multiple delivery platforms, be proficient in self-management and issue identification, and have exceptional skills in art packages such as Autodesk, Maya, Python, and Unreal Engine.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Have a heavy involvement in the creation of Technical Art processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the Technical aspects of Art within the game.
- Be an example of ‘what good looks like’ within the Technical Art team.
- Improve the overall quality of all Technical Art features on the team by setting an example with their work and guiding others through constructive, creative feedback.
- Take ownership of complex or challenging Technical Art tasks, delivering on time and to a high level of quality.
- Be able to proactively support the Art team in regards to technical art support and guidance.
Why You're Made For This:
- Master of the principles of Technical Art - a true subject matter expert including: Specialisation in at least 1 area of the technical art discipline (including but not limited to Environments, Characters, Pipelines & Workflows, Procedural Systems, Destruction, Game Engine Automation / Optimisation)
- An expert in the processes involved in taking assets from conception to game integration.
- Excellent understanding of how to set up art assets up in UE4 and capable of setting the technical benchmark for all assets in the game.
- Knowledge and Experience of Setting up Material Networks and delivering Lighting solutions.
- Working with pipelines that support multiple delivery platforms (PC, Console and Mobile)
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve the Technical Art process or discipline.
- Exceptional skills in Art packages with mastery of at least of the following: - Autodesk, Maya, Python and or C++, Unreal Engine (UE4)
- With sound knowledge of some of the following DCC Tools and Pipelines: Blender, Houdini, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Perforce, Adobe Photoshop
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-17