Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
The Technical Animator acts as a bridge between the artists, animators and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. You will be supporting the animation lead while innovating animation systems and activities. Working closely with animators, riggers, designers, and programmers, they will be handling mocap data, animation rigs, physics rigs, animation trees and dynamic objects. In this role, you will follow, refine or establish pipelines for both conventional and innovative features.
- Work with the animation team to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline.
- Work with modelers, animators and programmers to setup 3D art and bring it into the engine.
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools.
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation.
- Review creative processes and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
- Design and support complex character, facial, costumes and weapon rigs/skin using 3D tools (Maya/max preferable)
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline, 2D asset pipeline would be plus
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team. 3D tool to game engine (Maya/max preferably)
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices.
- Assist in planning and scheduling of animation work
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry
Qualification & Skills:
- Minimum 5-year experience in a digital art animation pipeline as technical animator ideally in the video game industry
- Expert in Rigging/Skinning in 3D art tools and blend shape implementation. 2D rig/skin would be plus (Maya/max preferable)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (Knowledge of high and low-poly modelling, Skinning, Rigging, Exporting etc.)
- Ability to create/work with technical specification doc
- Experience working with animation rigs, physics rigs and physic systems for rigid/soft bodies, hair and cloth
- Experienced developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya/Max preferable)
- Experience in Unreal animation pipeline, Unity would be plus
- Knowledge of a high-level coding language. (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good artistic and anatomical skills (proportion, color, composition, form);
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Constantly striving to learn and improve your skills
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed