ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games are seeking a Senior Technical Animator to work closely with our Animation and Tech art teams.
- Rig the characters, weapons and vehicles
- Supervise the rigging team
- Develop rigging processes, pipelines for character, weapons and vehicles mainly
- Training junior technical animators
- Create or design the tools to improve pipelines
- Formulate requests for Technical art or engineering to develop tools
- Work with Animators to create best practices and optimal workflows
- Analyse character-related memory/performance concerns throughout a project's development
- Understand / Setup / Extend the current locomotion systems
- Streamline workflow by proactively finding solutions and by working with production
- Research and develop prototypes for character pipelines and help bring your co-workers’ ideas to life
- Work together with the Technical Art team as a problem-solving unit of the company
- Mentoring other team members
- 5+ years of experience in rigging and working on the locomotion systems
- Expert knowledge in Rigging in Maya / Blender / 3Ds Max
- Expert knowledge of animation and locomotion systems
- Excellent knowledge of the tech animation topics like state machines, blend trees, etc
- Collaborate with character, hard surface, animation, tech art and engineering teams to realise the features
- Take ownership of shippable quality content/systems that are memory efficient and performant
- Provide clear solutions to complicated issues
- Ability to think out of the box to overcome technical challenges
- Ability to self-direct, and be autonomous when required
- Unreal Engine experience in setting up and maintaining Animation Blueprints together with the Gameplay team
- Ability to read C++ Code to enable better communication with Engineers
- Create and maintain materials within Unreal Engine
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed