About FunPlus Barcelona
Do you like adventure? Are you looking for a chance to unleash your creativity? Are you passionate about building things from scratch and want to make history in the gaming space?
FunPlus is opening a new studio in Barcelona with the goal of building the next generation of mobile casual games. We are looking to build a core team who will play an integral role in defining the culture and foundation for a successful venture in Barcelona. We are searching for top talent who are looking for an entrepreneurial environment backed by one of the most successful mobile gaming companies in the world. This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the frontlines of building a new studio and new games!
We are looking for a talented Technical Artist to join our team and help us create innovative and engaging casual puzzle games in Unity for mobile audiences. As a Technical Artist, you will work closely with our game designers, developers, and artists to develop and implement game features and mechanics, optimize game performance, and ensure visual consistency and quality.
We are looking for a creative artist that enjoys working in small teams to craft new ideas and develop new games from scratch, being able to cover all the artistic needs of the projects.
In this role, you should have a strong understanding of game art principles and be able to apply them to create immersive and visually appealing game experiences. You should also be able to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Build and launch casual mobile games using Unity, from concept to implementation.
- Integrate game assets into games and optimize game performance for memory usage, load times, and frame rates.
- Work in multiple artistic disciplines, including 2D and 3D art, animation, and visual effects.
- Collaborate with game designers, developers, and artists to conceptualize, prototype, and implement new game features and mechanics.
- Maintain visual consistency and quality by creating and maintaining art asset libraries, style guides, and shaders.
- Continuously search for hit games while also being comfortable with regularly killing prototypes.
- Possess a passion for games and a keen eye for visually appealing designs.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and art pipelines to ensure efficient and consistent workflow across the team.
- Stay current with the latest Unity features and techniques, and share knowledge and best practices with the team.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and improve skills and knowledge of game art and development.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist or equivalent role in game development.
- Expertise in Unity and proficiency in scripting languages such as C# and Python.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling, texturing, and animation, as well as experience with Unity asset creation and optimization.
- Ability to implement and integrate game assets into the game engine using Unity.
- Strong understanding of game development principles and best practices.
- Passionate about building new and innovative games from scratch, especially casual puzzle games.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate technical information effectively to non-technical team members.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges and technologies.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Perks of your new adventure
- Flexible working hours - We know you have other quests and fun activities in your life, as long as you get your job done, flex away.
- Multicultural teams - With so many offices around the world, you will have opportunities to engage and learn from your global colleagues
- Diverse team events - Barcelona has the reputation of fun, and this office is determined to keep up that reputation.
- International and expert leadership - You can’t create legends without legendary leadership.
- Creative environment - This is entertainment after all folks!
- Excellent benefits - Restaurants, parties and music oh my!
- And we are dog-friendly!
FunPlus is a world-class, independent game developer and publisher with more than 2,000 team members worldwide. FunPlus is home to KingsGroup studio who develops hugely popular mobile strategy titles including State of Survival, King of Avalon and Guns of Glory. In 2021 FunPlus acquired Imagendary Studios working on its first original AAA development.
FunPlus is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.
Location: Barcelona, Spain