Senior Systems Engineer
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re scaling our efforts to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will join a team that offers tools and services around source control, both to all the developers in Unity as well as our partners and customers across the globe. You should care about performance and security in your systems and services, and have a keen interest and experience with cloud-native tooling and modern service deployment principles. With your team, you will help provide critical components in the backbone of our developer experience, all running on a hybrid cloud platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and improving our source control platforms and tooling.
- Working closely with internal and external engineering teams.
- Proactively reviewing capacity, reliability, performance, and security of our services.
- Developing tooling to improve automation, to reduce the needs for manual work, and to optimize the operational maturity of our platform.
- Continuously work to improve the integrity and reduce the friction in our application deployments to Kubernetes and other environments in our public cloud infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- Experience delivering services at scale in a public cloud environment.
- A pragmatic and methodical approach to projects as well as problems.
- Knowledge on maintaining applications in Linux systems and containers.
- High degree of ownership and pride in solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
You might also have
- Developer experience in Go, Python or C#.
- Knowledge about Kubernetes, Terraform, and maybe configuration management.
- Experience with multiple public cloud providers, eg. GCP, AWS or Azure.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Date posted: 2022-01-20