Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Psyonix, an independent video game developer located in downtown San Diego, is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Designer to help drive feature design and implementation for Rocket League. Reporting directly to the Design Director, you will be working with our established development team of artists, engineers, and producers to maintain and improve existing features as well as design future features for Rocket League. Working with the Game Director and our Analytics & Design teams, you will identify what new features are needed and what existing features need design changes to keep Rocket League fans entertained and engaged.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with Design, Business Intelligence, and Production teams to design features that drive player engagement and enjoyment
- Partner with design leaders to provide a clear message to the team regarding design goals and strategies
- Collaborate with the development team to create clear and concise design documents for feature implementation
- As a feature visionary, help guide and align feature implementation
- Engage with the Rocket League community to seek out feedback and identify player needs, evaluate what’s actionable, and create a plan of action to address
What we're looking for
- Advanced level of professional game design experience
- Experience with feature and system design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with other departments
- Shine in a team environment, be self-motivated and open to feedback
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: San Diego,California,United States
Country: United States