PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for delivering the best experiences to users? We are looking for self-motivated, quick-starter and highly proactive individuals to join our Client QA team, who would be responsible for ensuring delivery of features on PlayStation's Mobile App!
At PlayStation, we are passionate about innovation, collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with teams on four continents.
- Review product requirements and design documents to understand how the feature works on the PlayStation mobile app and build effective testing strategies.
- Drive the QA Plan for UI testing; build concrete test plans, write solid test cases, and implement them to ensure the quality of features. Identify testing needs for l10n, a11y, and performance testing.
- Own the release activities and be involved in post-release QA activities.
- Ownership of maintaining test cases and the defect backlog. Report, track and verify defects. Provide status reports to QA Manager and other partners.
- Understanding of layered architecture of a software and how to effectively test such a system.
- Passionate about Quality and strives to improve process, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage across multiple teams.
- Mentor other team members to level-up the skills and quality of the team, and provides advise to teams within engineering.
- Promote use of automation across teams to improve speed of testing. Ability to debug failures.
- Monitor and maintain various Jenkins Jobs and report statuses
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Interact and work on a day-to-day basis with various stakeholders outside of QE organization.
- Work in a fast paced software release environment.
- Minimum BS degree in CS or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in building and executing test plans and test cases
- Proven experience of owning the QA activities for a product/feature
- Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and implementing comprehensive test suites
- Ability to estimate effort and size of features
- Experience with test case management systems & JIRA database systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
- Understanding of automation test framework like pytest
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools like Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with multi-functional/cross-site collaboration
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Francisco, CA
Country: United States