Senior Software Engineer
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re scaling our efforts to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
One of our values is Best Idea Wins we need people to experiment and challenge convention in order to achieve this.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will join the source control team who are responsible for delivering scalable workflows to our internal and external developers. You should be passionate about source code management, continuous integration, deployment and publishing. You should understand and have empathy for our users, guiding them to success and steering their future development needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect, develop, maintain and operate services related to source control
- Collaborate effectively within and across teams
- Partnering with product management and development teams across Unity, to deliver the best end-to-end developer experience
- Supporting development peers with deeper technical investigations on issues
- Take ownership of and operational responsibility for the components that you develop and maintain
What we’re looking for
- Solid practical experience of Golang and proven experience solving serious engineering challenges
- Experience with authoring APIs
- High degree of ownership and pride in solutions
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Empathy for your users
You might also have
- Experience with C# or Python
- In-depth knowledge of Git internals
- Experience with Copybara, git-filter-repo, or similar repository transformation tools
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Date posted: 2022-01-20