PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Are you interested in contributing to the automated processes and tools that drive a world-class, ecommerce and payments software platform at the core of PlayStation? Our platform consists of 75+ services which enable millions of PlayStation customers to access, purchase and enjoy a wide range of digital entertainment content, seamlessly and across various devices every day.
Our team strives to iteratively learn, improve and automate our business and technical processes every day, which continually raises the bar for engineering and operational perfection within our organization. As a senior level engineer, you will be encouraged to be a technical leader on our team, helping identify and proactively drive improvements in both process and technology.
As a Sr Software Engineer your responsibilities will include leading the development and improvement of tools that will streamline business operations within our payments domain. You will work closely with business operations and product management teams to groom requirements and develop them into capabilities that will address gaps in our business processes. You will help contribute to the ongoing improvements and new development efforts of our payments services and processes. You will also actively drive sound technical decisions that lead our software to operate with high quality, at large scale with a high level of availability. You will play a meaningful role in driving the continuous, end-to-end delivery of our software from inception to development, all the way through to production.
- BS or master’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of UI/front end development experience with frameworks like React, Angular, Vue, NodeJS
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- 3+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST APIs, and JSON/XML
- Excellent knowledge of micro-services architecture and object-oriented programming analysis, design
- 3+ years of experience developing and/or integrating with AWS native services such as S3, EKS, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Proficient in SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices and technologies (CI/CD)
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels
- Previous experience with an e-commerce company or payments software
- Experience working on agile scrum teams
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others
- Experience and familiarity with highly scalable services
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Experience developing cross-platform code.
- Experience with monitoring and log management tools (ie: DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk)
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Diego, CA
Country: United States