The job is for a Senior Software Engineer in game development. The responsibilities include specifying, designing, and implementing complex systems, writing high-quality source code, working with the Technical Director and production on planning and direction of work of the code team, encouraging the best code design practices, resolving complex issues, authoring technical designs and best practices, and mentoring less experienced programmers. The requirements include excellent code design skills, experience in planning and scheduling work for a code team, expertise in C/C++ (5y minimum) in PC and/or console programming, and excellent communication skills (in English). The company offers a competitive salary, flexible forms of employment, fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone, 50% tax relief for creative work, employee referral bonus, Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package, office working/partly remote/fully remote, flexible working hours, clear career paths, 5 paid learning days a year for self-development, access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault, English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher, team-driven initiatives, development initiatives, mental health support activities, the best working tools of your choosing, relocation package, home-office perks, and more. The company values honesty and aims to create a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Specify, design and implement complex systems in game development process
- Write high quality source code
- Work with Technical Director and production on planning and direction of work of the code team
- Encourage the best code design practices
We need you to have:
- Excellent code design skills
- Shipped at least 1 AA/AAA title
- Experience in planning and scheduling work for a code team
- Expertise in C/C++ (5y minimum) in PC and/or console programming
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
You will also need to:
- Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Author technical designs and best practices
- Mentor less experienced programmers
What We Offer:
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- 50% tax relief for creative work
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- ...and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let's talk about ourselves quickly. We're ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is "We never lie", so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Apply for this job
Location: PixelAnt Games, Poland
Date found: 2023-03-17