Senior Software Engineer, Universal Scene Description (USD)
In Core Engineering, Foundation we are looking for an experienced and versatile Senior Software Engineer with USD (Universal Scene Description) experience that loves to solve complex problems. In our view, solving complex problems requires a desire to understand users’ workflows and pain points, creativity, certain risk taking and the ability to work well within a team. It also requires being able to take decisions, iterate, work with feedback and learn.
Foundation in Core Engineering is a part of Core Unity & Cloud and we are looking a very Senior Engineers to be based in Copenhagen to work in a team of 9 engineers on initiatives within Scene Management. Scene Management builds scalable authoring workflows that target both current and next generation Unity engine (DOTS) and we are investigating how to integrate USD deeper into our workflows.
What you'll be doing
- Understand and influence editor authoring and collaboration workflows used by creators.
- Research and implement USD integration in Unity scenes and prefabs.
- Take great care that work is high quality and comprehensively documented
What we're looking for
- Experience from real-world software engineering in complex systems in C# and C++
- Experience developing applications using the USD API
- Strong Problem solving skills and ability to drive and influence projects that can span across multiple components
- Comfortable in a networked organisation where information is pulled not pushed
- Willingness to learn and grow as an engineer and person
You might also have
- Prior experience with the Unity engine and Editor
- Understanding the challenges of real-time 3D
- Empathy for our users
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Date posted: 2022-01-20