The Senior Engineer in the SDK Unity development team will be responsible for designing and implementing the Unity 3D interface for Magic Leap's SDK offering. The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience working on software products, 5+ years of extensive experience working with Unity 3D engine, and at least 3 years of full-time C# programming experience. The candidate should also have experience with native plugin development for Unity, including marshaling, and a basic understanding of software design patterns. The candidate should have experience with VR, AR, or MR/XR development, performance optimization in Unity, Git, and working in engineering teams in an agile and dynamic environment. The candidate should have strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning, and development experience. A BA/BS degree is required, and an MS degree is preferred. The salary range for this position is $123,008—$172,146 USD.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Engineer in the SDK Unity development team is to help define and implement the Unity 3D interface for Magic Leap's SDK offering. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Design and architecture of the SDK Unity SDK offering.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and Unity team lead using the SDK, Unity 3D and associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor for Unity team developers.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK Unity 3D team.
- 5+ years of experience working on software products
- 5+ years extensive experience working with Unity 3D engine and have source code experience
- At least 3 years of full time C# programming experience
- Experience with native plugin development for Unity, including marshaling
- Full knowledge of C# language and .NET standards for C# code
- Basic understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with VR, AR, or MR/XR development
- Experience with performance optimization in Unity
- Experience with Git
- Experience working in engineering teams in an agile and dynamic environment
- Extensive experience working with developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers etc
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Experience with mobile software development a plus
- Experience building Game Engines is nice to have
- BA/BS; MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
Date found: 2023-04-29