Senior Software Engineer, Unity Cloud Build
Role descriptionThe opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team focused on building and delivering the next-generation of cloud services to developers using the Unity game engine. You will mentor and guide a team of developers as they design, build, and deploy services related to the CI/CD automation pipeline for real-time 3d projects including the largest game development community in the world. You will also play a key role in designing technical solutions that focus on system performance and reliability at scale!What you’ll be doing
- Work with engineering leads, managers, and senior engineers to provide technical design and architecture for CI/CD technology and workflows specifically for Real-time 3D applications built with the Unity game engine
- Maintain, test, design, and build command-line tools, API's, and microservices
- Maintain clear and effective communication within the team and out to the broader organization
- Mentor other specialists and establish engineering best practices that allow the team to achieve assigned projects and goals
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Solid programming skills in your favorite language, even if it isn’t our own
- Experience with design and implementation of RESTful APIs
- Experience mentoring engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery and automated testing
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine or Game industry experience
- Experience running a production service or product
- Experience with our stack (Node.js, Golang, Ruby, MongoDB, Postgres, C#, GCP, Kubernetes) is helpful, but not required - we are looking for great people that have a track record of solving problems in similar domains
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20