Skydance Interactive is seeking a System Engineer to join their team and work on a new project. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing game systems, collaborating with game designers, and mentoring junior team members. The candidate should have over 5 years of experience in commercial game projects, advanced knowledge of C++ programming language, and be self-managed and motivated. Experience with Unreal Engine, VR applications, and multiplayer games is a plus. The salary range for this position is $140,000 – $190,000. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
- You will be the founding member of the engineering team for a new project. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a variety of game systems required to bring our design vision to life via building them from scratch or adopting from the previous projects. You will be engaging in close collaboration with game designers to determine the best ways to implement game design ideas.
- The game systems will range from quests, NPC dialog systems, player inventory, NPC spawn customization, in game stores, to crafting, achievements, and more.
- You will follow established and create new workflows and guidelines for the code development process. You will participate in architectural discussions as well as code submission reviews. You will serve as a guide and a mentor for more junior members of the team and as a collaborator for others.
- Over 5 years of experience with responsibilities of a system or generalist engineer in commercial game projects
- Advanced knowledge of C++ programming language applied in various areas of project development
- Self managed and self motivated approach to work - being able to organize and execute development process, resolve dependencies and bottlenecks, stay within budgets of time and resources
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience with development of VR applications
- Experience with development of multiplayer games
- Experience with development on modern consoles
- Experience with creation of data driven server authoritative applications
- Experience with deep performance optimization and tuning
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $140,000 – $190,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Country: ,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-04-29