We believe that the grand scale adoption of synthetic environments by governments and international institutions will give rise to a powerful capability for global good. New levels of whole force preparedness and the harnessing of previously unattainable foresight will ultimately prevent states from stumbling into war; contributing to a more secure and prosperous world and bringing about the end of unnecessary human conflict.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of these synthetic environments, with the aim of providing truly full spectrum synthetic training and planning platforms. This will ultimately make defence users more effective when deployed on modern, multi-domain operations and plummet the cost of military preparedness.
- Get involved across all aspects of the engineering workflow both as a contributor and lead/reviewer. This includes: reviews, architecture design documentation, prototyping, concepting, technology selection and data strategy.
- Coaching and mentoring a team of engineers, guiding them towards best practices.
- Working with designers to develop a design system consisting of reusable component libraries, style guides and guidelines.
- Produce reusable client layers that facilitate access to other Skyral services.
- Own the frontend architectural and integration decisions for the Skyral Modelling & Development area.
- Understanding our users’ current requirements, and anticipating future needs.
- Supporting our customers with integrating our components into their solutions.
- Experience using Node.js and associated frameworks (e.g. Express, NestJS, Gatsby) to develop websites and APIs
- Experience with containerised deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud-based deployments (AWS, Azure, GCP) is not mandatory but a plus
- Experience implementing CI/CD practices such as git branching, automated tests and automated deployment pipelines
- You have excellent engineering and problem-solving skills, and are able to design solutions under product, technology, scientific, and security constraints
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-31