Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the DaaS team, you will have the chance to affect how Riot collects and uses data to improve the experience for players and Rioters. You'll work closely with the technical lead to build reliable data solutions that handle petabytes of data. Challenges will range from protecting player's privacy, organizing and optimizing data warehouses using big data tools and cloud based servers, building a platform for ingesting data and serving real time analytics, or building capability for game teams with their specific features. You'll bring your experience working with globally distributed systems and work with our team of software engineers to help build efficient solutions. You will report into the Engineering Manager of the team.
- Implement new components and feature sets for our data platform solutions in multiple problem spaces including backend services, deployment, and monitoring
- Attend stand-ups and team rituals, and work with other software engineers to achieve team goals
- Participate in code reviews with other members of the team
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support our live products
- Provide meaningful code reviews for other members of the team
- Work collaboratively with nontechnical customers to accomplish deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years experience in Java, Scala, or similar OO experience
- 2+ years experience in Python and SQL
- Knowledge within a diverse set of public cloud technologies: AWS RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience in working in Agile and DevOps environment
- Comfortable working at the Linux command line
- Experience with data engineering or data pipeline
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Kafka
- Experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, or similar
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed