Senior Software Engineer, Render Pipeline Workflows
As a UI/Tools software developer in the Foundation department, you will help build impactful workflows for content creation and cutting-edge artist-facing features for Unity graphics. Working with technical artists, UX designers, and other engineers you will help design the future workflows of our Scriptable Render Pipelines.
Imagine a team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it.
You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building pipelines that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team at a company that jealously guards work-life balance.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and maintain high-quality UI and tools for authoring cutting edge content
- Work with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive and effective art and content pipelines
- Build and maintain production-quality rendering and content creation workflows code
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools
- Build relationships with Unity's internal development teams to gather requirements and feedback
- Adapt to new technologies and tasks in a multi-disciplinary environment
What we're looking for
- You are able to develop and debug code written in C#/C++
- You develop UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches and scripting languages
- You are familiar with real-time computer graphics and GPU pipelines
- You are able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- You are able to work independently and demonstrate initiative
You might also have
- You have experience in AAA or AA-game development as a Graphics or Tools developer
- You have experience with low-level graphics APIs (DirectX/Vulkan/equivalent)
- You are comfortable working with a large multi-threaded codebase in a cross-platform environment
- You can profile, analyse, and improve performance
- You have experience with data-driven design
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Valladolid, Spain
Date posted: 2022-01-20