Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
The Forge team for Halo Infinite at SkyBox Labs is looking for an experienced senior software engineer who enjoys dynamic and rewarding challenges in a technical space. The nature of the Forge game mode gives you an opportunity to join us as a generalist C++ engineer, as you produce work that will be revered by the dedicated players of Halo Forge.
A snapshot of your role:
- Take ownership of software engineering challenges in a variety of areas including but not limited to graphics investigations, simulation, profiling, or general systems building
- Test software and address bug issues as needed
- Developing and implementing new feature work
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other software engineers on the team
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with both internal team members and our external partners
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong proficiency in C++ within a game development project
- Strong understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization and debugging
- Self-driven with a passion for solving hard problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Game development experience is preferred and AAA experience is an asset
- Experience across PC and/or console game development Experience with work in physics, 3D math, graphics and/or multithreading
- Experience working with user-facing tools
- Experience with network replication for games Exposure to PIX and LUA is an asset
- Experience with games as a service
- Experience as a lead, unofficial lead, or point-of-contact for a professional animation team
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed