Senior Software Engineer - Game Team
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
Skydance Interactive, one of the world’s leading VR developers and creators of the award winning multi-platform hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, is seeking Senior Software Engineers with expertise in game engine architecture and low level systems to help develop our next generation of groundbreaking games.
We are searching for candidates with a passion for innovation, a commitment to collaboration and the guts to take risks when faced with a challenge.
If you aspire to create games that break the mold and elevate the thrilling prospects of the VR gaming space, we’d love to hear from you.
- Direct development of major game systems and engine architecture.
- Create efficient systems to deliver top tier experiences across a range of established and emerging platforms.
- Research and implement new technologies to push the boundaries of what our engine can achieve.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to plan features and extend the overall vision of the game.
- Advise and mentor other members of the engineering team.
- Promote strong code discipline and engineering practice throughout the organization.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish game related tasks and schedules.
- Provide critical analysis of development practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency, and cultivating a positive working environment.
- Help drive the product to completion with the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Mastery of C++ BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in AAA game development
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 Shipped at least one Console, PC or VR game using UE4
- Strong math skills
- Experience in the design and architecture of game systems
- Comfortable working with the grain of an established code framework
- Self-motivated and self-directing, willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for games and game technology
- Strong work ethic
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Next-gen console experience (PS5/XBSX)
- Prior work, personal or professional, that shows exceptional insight and skill of execution
#jobsingaming #gameprogrammer #programmer #seniorgameprogrammer #gamejobs #gameengineer #seniorgameengineer
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Date posted: 2022-01-20