PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer - Audio SDK
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We have a unique opportunity to join Sony PlayStation on our Platform Audio team! This team is an industry leader in audio technology. Their contributions improve the system libraries used for both current and next generation PlayStation products.
Here, you would craft and implement technology used for 3D audio, hardware DSP and virtual reality. This software is the foundation of an SDK used by leading game and content developers. Your contributions would directly advance the way audio is used worldwide. If this is you, please apply!
- Sophisticated systems level multi-threaded programming and debugging using C
- Thoroughly review users’ requirements and assist with integration
- Collaborate with international counterparts to contribute to the architectural design and development of audio systems and frameworks
- Partner with vendors to evaluate and implement externally developed functionality
- Prior experience as the main contributor within a similar technology space
- Possess 5 years or more of systems level programming using C
- Proficient with these systems/tools: IDE’s, Source Control (git/SVN), and Issue Tracking (Windows/Linux)
- Experience with one or more C/C++ compilers: LLVM/Clang, GCC, ICC, Visual Studio or ProDG
- Have a strong grasp of code efficiency and performance optimization
Nice to have:
- Prior embedded system development in the audio space
- Experienced in writing assembly and SIMD
- Understanding of concepts in digital signal processing (sampling, FFT, convolution, filters, etc.)
- Strong 3D math skills
- Exposure to game audio or audio system, gaming console and/or consumer electronics development
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed