Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Our client Delivery Platform team grows infrastructure platforms and solutions that deliver content to Twitch end-users and internal customers. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with the curiosity and creativity to develop massively scalable services and infrastructure. Along with your peers, you'll help maintain Twitch's delivery infrastructure platforms, including management of CDN, performance and measurement services and AWS account management. Also, you'll solve high-leverage infrastructure problems in elegant and reusable ways. You will report to the Manager of Client Delivery Platform.
You can work from Irvine, CA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA or remotely within the United States.
- Operate important infrastructure like CDNs in a high available and scalable fashion
- Deliver new features and capabilities using Twitch's AWS infrastructure and CI/CD platform
- Partner with Security and operation teams to implement security controls and improve availability of Twitch
- Partner with development teams to provide infrastructure best practices and patterns
- Level up Twitch's cloud capabilities by learning about AWS products. Identify opportunities to solve broad problems with native AWS products
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience building, and supporting high scale, business important services and systems in a cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience automating administrative and configuration tasks in network, CDN and infrastructures.
- Experience with Micro service architecture concepts
- Experience with AWS, AWS CDK Infrastructure-as-code
- Experience managing builder tools including code repositories and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with VCL
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $168,100 - $227,400 yr and in New York City is $184,900 - $250,200 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7514
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed