Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a veteran software engineer with experience supporting content creators by crafting tools and improving their workflow?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for Content Engineering to provide technical expertise and architectural direction for the designers who create content and progression systems. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other specialists, you’ll be one of the main drivers of decisions on how we approach our tools and pipelines.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the full life cycle of content design from inception to deployment.
- Provide technical vision and implementation of sophisticated projects as a top-level contributor/specialist, focusing on tools development and content management.
- Design and implement solutions for Magic: The Gathering Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team.
- Use your experience to grasp issues quickly and make critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
- Work with a variety of other departments and specialties to build technical requirements.
- Be a recognized technical expert in your domain and have a breadth of knowledge in related fields.
- Mentor and guide junior-level team members to improve in quality, efficiency, and effectiveness, and work on a diverse team.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in professional software development.
- Minimum 5 years of total job experience.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience.
- Fundamental understanding of the UX process and developing tools for the user's needs.
- Strong background in managing content for live games.
- Knowledge of debugging and developing C# client/server applications.
- Experience mentoring others and encouraging positive relationships with peers.
- Strong communication and teamwork with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering methodologies and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects.
Nice to have:
- Kubernetes, Docker, C#/C++, AWS, Terraform, Unity.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Renton, WA / Fully Remote
Country: United States