Senior Software Developer, Strategic Technology
The Unity Strategic Technology team is a group of highly skilled Software and Technical Art developers having a solid understanding of the Unity platform. We collaborate with R&D teams in order to hone and bring back technologies into Unity.
As our top-tiered developers also assist external teams solving exciting and ambitious problems, we are looking for self-motivated teammates that will nicely complement our skillset and who are passionate about video games, related technical domains and their work.
What you’ll be doing
- Join a growing multidisciplinary team of developers contributing to improve our Unity platform
- Participate in exciting internal or external project evaluations with a focus on performance and quality
- Improve customer success by honing, architecting and developing new technologies based on real cases experiences
- Build up relationships with Unity’s various R&D teams and capture domain specific skills
- Provide fierce feedback Unity's future technologies
What we’re looking for
- Game developer industry standard skill set that can plan tasks efficiently, develop as well as profile, debug and optimize code in multi-platform environments (Unity experience being a plus).
- Strong programming skills in C# (or C++). Experience with or ability to learn C# is a requirement
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a proven understanding of software development lifecycles
- Great communication skills with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team as well as write technical reports
- Comfortable with taking ownership on domains outside of expertise and work autonomously
You might also have
- Extensive experience in a specific domain like 3D graphics, AR/VR, animation or core programming is a plus
- Experience in multithreaded programming
- Cutting edge proficiency of the C# standard and its ecosystem
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Port Coquitlam, Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20