Senior Software Developer, Quality, AI@Unity
The AI@Unity Simulation Engine Performance team is looking for a Software Engineer, Quality with a genuine passion for quality. Our team is chartered with exploring how we can best optimize the performance of Unity’s core engine to work in service of our various machine learning projects. Whether it be collaborating and researching the latest advancements or digging into core engine code, our team fuels the ability for other teams at Unity to make the most of our development platform.
The team builds cross-platform performance frameworks and libraries to support our efforts in Machine Learning. From running Game Simulations to Synthetic Data Generation, our Machine Learning team is leveraging the Unity development ecosystem to advance the field of Artificial Intelligence, and our Engine Performance team is pivotal to that goal.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and improve our automated test frameworks for custom Simulation builds of Unity.
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Seek customer problems by collaborating with customers and coworkers
- Conduct software tests on new tools to ensure quality software development
- Analyze and help resolve technical and application problems
What We’re Looking For
- Experience as a dedicated software test engineer and a working knowledge of test automation
- Proficient in either C++ or C#; experience debugging in both
- Experience developing for/with the Unity editor
- Experience working on complex projects simultaneously and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You Might Also Have
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Prior experience in game development ideally in Unity
- Experience with real-time multithreaded software development
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20