Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to develop friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a veteran software engineer with experience developing and optimizing mobile titles?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for Mobile to provide technical expertise and architectural direction for the engineering team who builds and maintains our game. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other specialists, you’ll be one of the main drivers of decisions on how we approach mobile development.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical vision and implementation of sophisticated projects as a top-level contributor/specialist, focusing on mobile and graphics optimization.
- Design and implement solutions for Magic: The Gathering Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Author and evolve technical designs and advise decisions made by the team.
- Support the live product and drive resolution of technical problems as they arise in production environments.
- Use your experience to grasp issues quickly and make critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
- Work with a variety of other departments and specialties to build technical requirements.
- Be a recognized technical expert in your domain and have a breadth of knowledge in related fields.
- Mentor and guide junior-level team members to improve in quality, efficiency, and effectiveness, and work on a diverse team.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in professional software development.
- Minimum 5 years of total job experience.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience developing for Android and iOS using Unity.
- Strong background in rendering and graphics profiling.
- Knowledge of debugging and optimization methods for Mobile platforms.
- Experience mentoring others and encouraging positive relationships with peers.
- Strong communication and teamwork with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering methodologies and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed