Senior Software Developer in Test, Metacast
Unity is recruiting an experienced Senior Software Developer in Test to implement and promote test automation as part of the fabric of the team. You will help with planning and execution of different application testing phases. You will be joining a fast-growing high-impact agile team, working closely with members across Unity!
We are building interactive spectator technology for sports franchises, music artists and performers, volumetric capture partners and more. You will focus on crafting test strategies which will help to facilitate delivery of volumetric content within the sports and entertainment industry. You will also take part in the evaluation and testing of emerging technology and tools for sports.
What you’ll be doing
- Build, configure and implement scalable test automation systems for maintaining quality assurance standard methodologies and responsible for creating system test architecture.
- Build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, and early performance testing.
- Define testing methodologies to tackle some of the unique challenges in automated testing of volumetric rendering and distribution.
- Work closely with the other developers to perform test analysis and help prevent functional or performance regressions across the pipeline.
- Chip in on tooling and analysis of performance and stability testing by integrating and adapting existing Unity test systems.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with scripting software automation testing products, such as: Unity Test Framework, Selenium, Mocha etc.
- Experience with test driven development, behaviour driven development and acceptance test driven development.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud technologies, including the testing of REST services, databases, etc
- Strong experience with Agile development and CI/CD, using tools such as: GitHub, BitBucket, Jenkins, Travis and JIRA
- Experience with developing automated test frameworks, performance-focused testing and analysis.
You might also have
- Experience with C#, Unity's 3D engine and related tools.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, DeltaDNA, REST, JSON
- Experience working in a distributed team environment
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20