Senior Software Developer, Games
Role descriptionThe opportunity
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very results-oriented technical problems. We provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
We’re looking for developers who want to share their expertise with our customers and help them achieve their performance targets. Our customer base spans a wide range of fields, such as video games, entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and are not afraid of constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job will suit you!
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within North America. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.What you’ll be doing
- Work with customers on a regular basis for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to resolve their performance issues and improve their existing workflows, including on-site and remote visits
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools in long term engagements
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently tackle problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering Manager to scope projects for customers across a wide range of verticals, such as games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and architecture
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a proven understanding of software development lifecycles
- Proficient in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Deep graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Port Coquitlam, Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20