Senior Software Developer Engine, Metacast
Are you an inventive, inspirational engine programmer? Become the lynchpin of our volumetric team and your passion and ability influence will be key in realising the future.
Meet and collaborate with hard working people across the world; engineers, QA, technical authors and many others seeking success, including industry partners in world famous companies. You will be part of a team chipping in to runtime performance. Your main objective will be helping to keep our native plugin executing its tasks at outstanding performance and advocating for best practices on writing performant code, drawing upon your knowledge and experience.
Our vision is to redefine and reinvent how users consume sports and live content.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to the development for the metacast native plugin, along with adding improvements and maintaining existing code.
- Coming up with outstanding solutions, outside-the-box thinking for improving the architecture and performance of our native plugin code.
- Be responsible for defining the architecture of the plugin, as well as; mentoring and sharing knowledge with others regarding best practices in that matter.
- Participate in roadmap planning with a focus on specialties of the team, but also with regard to maintaining the larger picture and deadlines in proposing improvements.
- Engage in meetings within the team, company and across the industry.
What we’re looking for
- Industry proven experience in professional software development with proficiency in data structures, algorithms and advanced C++.
- Understanding of efficient memory management, data-oriented design and multithreading environments.
- Experience with designing algorithms to handle large amounts of data efficiently.
- Experience with optimizing code for constrained devices, such as mobile and VR headsets.
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or Graphics
You might also have
- Understanding of modern graphics APIs (e.g., DX11/12, Metal) including experience with profiling and optimization tools.
- Experience with Unity and cross-platform (iOS, Android and others) Unity development experience including know-how of Unity native plugins including C# Marshaling.
- M.S or Ph.D degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Graphics or related areas.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20