Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). This role will be based in Novato or Los Angeles.
What We Need:
We’re seeking a talented Senior Content Designer to join our award-winning global creative team. You’ll be working across all social media and digital channels and creating world-class content for our games and franchises. And we’re hoping you have passion for video games. Having knowledge and passion for sports is also a big benefit.
The ideal candidate possesses wizard like graphic design skills and you’re living and breathing social platforms – TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and even the big old blue, Facebook. You’re familiar with how to design motion graphics/statics to be specific for the audiences on these platforms. But also know the power of adjusting Smart Objects. And we hope that you don’t shy away from logo design, key art, style guides, sales campaigns or even presentation design.
You’re highly familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite tools, especially with Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. You’re possessed with a never-ending hunger to learn new things about art and visual language, and you’re always looking for ways to implement new techniques and styles to your work.
We’re fast-paced, like the culture is nowadays. So you have to be able to juggle between multiple projects and deadlines, but always upholding the artistic quality bar. And you’re not a lone wolf. Our culture is all about team and collaboration, so you should be able to communicate and pitch ideas to get your colleagues and team members excited by your work too.
You, the ideal candidate should have 3-5 year experience working in the creative industry – client side, production company or creative agency, we don’t care.
In a nutshell, you should be a talented designer, who really gives a shit about the creative work and how the ideas are expressed in social channels. And yes, you should be a fun team member.
What Will You Do
Working in collaboration with the Creative Service and Global Video Production teams to perform and execute the following tasks for various media assets, but not limited to:
- Video Editing: various social media content, trailers, gifs, promo ads, sizzle reels, etc.
- Videography: seasoned experience with various DSLR camera kits, mobile phones, audio gear, lighting equipment, AV accessories (mics, gimbles, tripods, etc.)
- Conceptualization: Storyboarding, mood boards, mock designs/edits/pitches,
- Motion Graphics: Animated slates/motion graphics/camera tracking, typography, cinemographs, etc. Advanced Typography skills are required for this role.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Must provide an online demo reel/portfolio showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or portfolio will NOT be considered.
- Vast experience creating content in run-and-gun situations, at events, for brands, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Expert Adobe After Effects compositing and animation skills: excellent/advanced typography skills, animation, motion/camera tracking, and keying, etc.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party plugin suites: Red Giant, DigiEffects, Motion Array, etc.
- Fundamental experience with sound design and audio mixing.
- Fluency in color correction and color grading.
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with advanced knowledge of using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with the 2K brands is a big plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn 2K proprietary software and best practices.
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills, including use of SAN storage, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, along with ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Familiar and comfortable with scrappy production terms like run-and-gun, turn-and-burn, fly on the wall and BTS.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $43.00 and $65.00 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States