Senior Security Engineer (Offensive)
VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, USA, Canada, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Technology team in Perth and currently looking for a Senior Security Engineer (Offensive) to join the team.
In this role you will design and operate adversarial exercises against VGW’s products, testing our product’s security posture and ability to detect and respond to security threats.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and run penetration testing exercises using an industry-standard methodology against VGW products and systems
- Create and maintain automated threat emulation solutions
- Work with Security and Software engineers to develop mitigations against discovered vulnerabilities and attack patterns
- Research and evaluate new web security attack patterns and vulnerabilities
- Produce reports on discovered vulnerabilities and attack patterns for use by the Security and Software engineering teams
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience working in offensive security or penetration testing roles against cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Understanding of MITRE ATT&CK or other red teaming frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of an industry standard penetration testing methodology (ie OSSTMM, OWASP) and tools
- Experience with coding (ie, Python) to build tools to automate discovery and exploitation of vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with cloud adversarial simulation tools (ie, pacu, stratus red team, atomic red team)
- Demonstrated understanding of web application security
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.
We are on a huge mission to become the biggest gaming company in the world. As we grow to meet this goal, we need talented people rich in diversity to propel us forward. We truly believe the right mix of diversity and authenticity will be our winning hand.
We are committed to creating a diverse, engaging and inclusive culture for our people to shine, with a workplace that honours your experiences, perspectives, unique identity and passions. For those reasons, we encourage you to browse our employment opportunities and apply today. Please let us know of any accommodations you may need during the application process.