Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We are hiring an expert Senior Researcher to join the Player Sciences & Strategy team. You will play a meaningful role in supporting our Marketing and strategy teams by providing player insights and recommendations based on meticulous primary and secondary research and data analysis. The successful candidate will have a proven record of designing and implementing sophisticated market research studies, focusing strongly on quantitative research methods. This individual will work multi-functionally with marketing, analytics, and game sciences teams to ensure that player insights drive innovative marketing tactics, effective product positioning, and efficient marketing spending.
What You Will Do
- Identify, design, and implement quantitative market and player research studies to identify player preferences and behaviors that impact marketing decisions and commercial performance.
- Design surveys, experiments, and other research methodologies to gather consumer insights and measure key performance metrics.
- Conduct statistical analysis on large data sets to identify trends and patterns and develop concrete recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to define research objectives, design studies, and develop research plans.
- Present research findings and recommendations to senior partners clearly and compellingly.
- Collaborate with external research vendors to design and implement studies and ensure high-quality results are met within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Lead global, tactical, and foundational quantitative research to drive marketing and product strategy for our titles.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 4+ years of experience in market research or related field (agency or client-side).
- Experience with survey-based research (e.g., questionnaires, sophisticated logic, sampling, and weighting strategies).
- Strong analytical and statistical skills, with expertise in statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, and/or Python.)
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research with a proven understanding of market-specific nuances.
- Comfortable integrating multiple data sources (e.g., surveys, behavioral data, qualitative interviews, desktop research, social listening) with the ability to craft compelling and cohesive narratives.
- Ability to break down complex analysis and communicate findings with diverse partner groups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and superior collaborator who can build and maintain strong relationships within the team and with multi-functional partners.
- Passion for video games and knowledge of the video game industry.
- Experience with Qualtrics and/or Tableau.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform their essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $110,000 and $140,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States