Remedy Entertainment, an independent game studio, is seeking a Senior QA Tester to work on one of their current projects. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of game developers, programmers, and designers to test and design exceptional games. They will be responsible for testing the game, reporting findings, and ensuring top-notch quality products. The ideal candidate will have experience in gameplay quality assurance on PC and console platforms, possess an analytical mindset, and have excellent problem-solving skills. Remedy offers an extensive set of employee benefits, opportunities for skill development, and a relocation service for those not already in Finland.
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for a Senior QA Tester to work on one of our current project
As a Senior QA Tester at Remedy, you will work side-by-side with a multi-disciplinary team of game developers, programmers and designers, supporting them testing and designing exceptional games.
You will be in a key role where you will test the game and report your findings, making sure that we deliver top notch quality products.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you’ll do
- You will be working closely with a cross-functional team, providing test support and feedback, both technical and qualitative
- You will analyze root causes of found issues and provide clear reproduction cases
- You will be creating and suggesting QA workflows for new areas and systems to developers, both technical and content creators
- You will be mentoring and creating guides for the QA team in new areas and workflows, ranging from technical gameplay QA to exploratory testing and qualitative analysis, to name a few
- You will test and analyze game performance and compatibility
- In this role, you will also create and update tests, ranging from smoke and regression tests to integration and performance tests
- You will be executing planned test passes, reporting any found issues in detail
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced QA tester, with a background in gameplay quality assurance on PC and console platforms
- You are a great communicator and liaison between QA and other crafts such as programmers, artists and development managers
- You have an analytical mindset and attention to detail
- You are skilled in problem solving and bug analysis as well as utilizing things like source control and builder logs
- You can easily take care of bug-tracking and you are used to work with test management software such as Jira and Testrail
- You are familiar with Visual Studio and can dig valuable information from crash dumps and call stacks
- You think outside the box and you have a proactive attitude, coming up with new ideas and improvements
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Date found: 2023-04-15