Senior QA Tester (Vanguard)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for a Senior QA Tester (GaaS) for a new exciting online multiplayer game. For this role we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
Are you a technical jack-of-all-trades always curious to learn new tools and technologies? Are you passionate about games and love the idea of working with multiplayer GaaS titles?
As a Senior QA Tester in our new team, Vanguard, you will be in a key position to ensure that the technical QA matches the top notch quality we are known to deliver. You will be brainstorming, implementing and improving our QA workflows together with other cross functional teams and developers. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and overcoming any technical issues that surface during the game lifecycle.
What you’ll do
- You will ensure the quality of technical QA in Vanguard, including tools, workflows, automated tests, cloud services and virtual machines
- You’ll track and gather information from various sources, such as log files, memory dumps, performance tests and network analysis, so that developers can focus on fixing issues with all the information you provide
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining various scripts to improve and accelerate workflows
- You’ll provide insightful, relevant and up-to-date technical documentation. You will also have the chance to support and mentor other stakeholders in areas related to technical QA
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced QA tester, that has already worked with online multiplayer / GaaS games
- You understand the network infrastructure of online multiplayer games and can pinpoint the areas that need more focus from technical QA
- You like to dive deeper into troubleshooting technical issues
- You are knowledgeable about building systems and pipelines, integrations, unit tests and automated testing
- You think outside the box and you have a proactive attitude, coming up with new ideas and improvements
- As a plus, you have prior experience with programming and working with Unreal Engine
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Date posted: 2022-01-20