WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QUALITY ASSURANCE - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide-ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team, the Senior QA Programmer will own the test planning, automation efforts, risk management, and quality evaluation of core areas within our Gameplay Framework and AI team. This individual is responsible for regular communication and coordination with the development team and QA staff, as well as identifying and implementing automation initiatives and process improvements.
In this role, you will
- Coordinate automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Contribute automated test cases or tools within the Unreal Engine framework
- Perform and own the process for automation code reviews with developers and other QA team members
- Drive conversations with product owners, developers, and QA management to identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for existing and upcoming Gameplay and AI features
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover the features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Use a mix of manual and whitebox testing techniques to analyze quality across the Gameplay and AI feature sets
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track quality-centric metrics to upper management, and use that data to drive conversations around quality and development health
- Execute self-guided coordination of analyses and testing with other internal game development QA teams, such as the Fortnite team
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of experience creating automated test cases and and/or creating testing tools, preferably in C++, Python, and Unreal Engine Blueprints
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Technical understanding of game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar development engines
- Experience working on Gameplay and AI development features and systems–such as knowledge of visual scripting, Actors, Controllers, Behavior Trees, and Navigation Systems
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Experience creating test plans in accordance to design requirements/expectations
- Experience using a variety of operating systems and gaming platforms such as PC, Mac, Mobile, and Consoles
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Cary,North Carolina,United States
Country: United States