WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What You’ll Do:
You will own the quality vision, people management, organizational strategy, and test approaches of a given product or feature set within the Unreal Engine. You will be expected to work collaboratively with engineering, production, and other disciplines directors/managers to define appropriate quality standards and best practices, lead efforts to evolve our tools and metrics, and manage the growth and health of the QA discipline. You will develop, set, evaluate, and evolve the KPIs and standards for success across the test organization. You will evaluate, nurture, and grow the skills and the usage of our Quality Assurance leadership under you (Managers, Leads) and staff (e.g. Analysts, Engineers, Testers, SDETs, and other QA leaders.). We expect you to help transform and lead the way in how we test the Unreal Engine!
In this role, you will:
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of QA managers, leads and individual contributors on the Unreal Engine team, providing coaching and feedback to guide others to success.
- You will own the quality direction for your team and lead efforts to improve our quality metrics, practices, and tooling with an emphasis on scalability and sustainability.
- Work directly across disciplines, including Production and Development to track features in development and direct test plans for those features and to set quality bars and standards for the product
- Collaborate with department head peers on engineering and production to help drive and define department wide process
- Develop and iterate on a Quality Strategy that encompass staffing, technical requirements, product space, and involvement throughout the development lifecycle.
- Audit testing approaches, Identify improvement and innovation opportunities in existing quality approaches and provide recommendations of new ones where they are needed and impactful.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of QA experience, with at least 4 years in a leadership/management level and a proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products.
- Proven capability in leading and managing large teams of QA professionals, both Individual contributors and Leads, directly embedded with the rest of the development team.
- Strong understanding of the importance of multiple testing types, including verification and validation testing, usability testing, security testing, performance testing, etc.
- Expert-level understanding of KPIs and Metrics that inform quality in products, people, and processes with a proven ability to take ownership over large-scale process improvements, working with other QA and with other disciplines to plan, implement, and drive adoption.
- Deep understanding of risk, specifically how to identify, classify, report on, and manage it.
Proficient communication skills at the individual and team level.
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed