At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Senior Props Artist who possess a passion for creating a wide variety of props for video games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar Games’ studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We build a diverse range of props and weaponry.
- We enrich in-game environments as well as cinematic cutscenes, with a focus on balancing gameplay, destruction, storytelling, and technical constraints by finely crafting each prop for form and functionality.
- We collaborate closely with various teams to create believable and rich worlds.
- Create a wide range of 3D prop art used in exterior and interior environments. From complex machinery to organic forms.
- Pursue a high quality across technical approaches and aesthetics.
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors.
- Manage competing priorities effectively ensuring that all relevant parties are updated.
- Participate in R&D, problem solving artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Actively pursue knowledge of all aspects of prop creation – what works, what doesn’t, and what we can do about it.
- 3+ years of relevant games industry experience.
- Excellent 3D game art creation skills.
- Strong with 3ds Max (or similar), Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer.
- All-around artistic expertise and flair.
- The technical ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with ZBrush, Maya, Marvelous Designer, Blender.
- Keen interest in the design, engineering and mechanics of the various objects around us in the world.
- Passion for Games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom