WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
MARKETING - EPIC GAMES STORE
What We Do
The Epic Games Store is a curated digital storefront for PC and Mac, designed with both players and creators in mind. It has focused on providing great titles for gamers, and a fair deal for game developers. When you buy a game on the Epic Games Store, 88% of the price goes directly to developers, versus only 70% on many other stores. This helps developers invest in building bigger and better games.
What You'll Do
As part of the Marketing team on the Epic Games Store, the Senior Promotions Manager will be responsible for leading, and building the strategy for, all the digital sales campaigns annually from content acquisition to campaign execution. Further work will include analyzing sales and pricing data to establish theories to optimize performance while consulting on development tools that will scale against new ways to build value. In addition, you’ll play an active role in developing pricing and discounting policies as part of an ever-extending commercial tool offering.
In This Role You Will
- Lead the design, campaign phasing, and content strategy for the Epic Games Store promotional campaign calendar, optimizing against key retail milestones and international opportunities to drive revenue and digital market share targets
- Establish a fundamental understanding of buying behavior on the platform and work with analytics to test new hypotheses focused on maximizing performance
- Consult and build relationships with top-tier accounts to align on a discount cadence plan which offers ample opportunity to achieve publisher targets
- Help shape the development requirements needed for the store to succeed in this space. Test and learn from new functionality in tandem with the Store Strategy Director, Business Development, and Marketing teams
- Responsible for leveraging analytics teams to accurately forecast campaign performance while defining annual targets
- Manage the end-to-end project management of each campaign such as Black Friday, MEGA Sale, and Holiday Sale through creative briefing, content acquisition, pricing, launch management, and post-mortem analysis
- Meet regularly with internal teams to build better transparency of departmental objectives and timeframes
- Build a stronger discount process with Service Delivery and Business Development teams leveraging new and existing tools to minimize the manual lift associated with campaigns
- Brief in marketing teams for creative development acting as a key stakeholder in campaign direction
- Become an area expert in improving standardized promotional processes and documentation with 3rd party publishers
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in digital retail, e-commerce, or technological expertise
- Proven experience in developing or working with a store's discount program
- Project management experience
- Commercial/analytical mindset - desire to have data lead rather than validate presumed theories
- An understanding of the video game industry
- Understanding of global digital pricing frameworks and models
- Knowledge of global advertising and pricing regulations
- Ability to lead a strategy based on market understanding and challenge existing processes
- Confidence in analytics tooling and big data sets to define best practices
- Ability to work collaboratively across an international team
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed