Senior Programmer (Character Tech)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Programmer for a key role to support the creation of exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
As a Senior Programmer, you will join our Character Technology team on a journey to unify our digital character creation workflows. We have recently started to unify our character creation pipeline from scratch and thus this role presents you a unique opportunity to join our team of talented and experienced programmers and artists. Our Character Tech team works as a service group inside the larger Northlight technology team – we leverage both internal and external libraries written in Python, C++, and C# on daily basis to support our animators, rigging artists and motion capture artists and ensure that they have the tooling that they need.
We are looking for a colleague with a test-driven mindset - you know what it takes to write clean, optimal and maintainable code in Python and C++, and know your way around at least Autodesk Maya or MotionBuilder (experience with their APIs is necessary). While this a full-time software engineering role, our Character Technology team has also worked on implementing existing skinning algorithms, novel convolutional neural network architectures, facial blendshape solvers, custom photogrammetry hardware and statistical analysis of motion capture among other exciting things.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working outside of Finland.
- Help develop an industry leading digital content creation pipeline
- Collaborate with our proprietary engine and tools teams to build deep integrations between the Northlight engine and DCCs
- Adhere to high quality programming standards
- Support the teams involved with character creation with tools and algorithms to make their work easier
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of experience working in the game, film or equivalent industry
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least C++ and Python
- Curiosity, ability to learn fast and to communicate concisely
- Experience working with any of the following APIs: Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, Modo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- A degree in computer science or software engineering
- Strong mathematical skills: calculus, linear algebra, optimization and numerical analysis
- Experience with any of the following: custom in-house game engines, test driven development, continuous integration, machine learning, UI frameworks, API design, parallelism
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new secondary location in Stockholm.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date posted: 2022-01-20