The Sr. Product Quality Engineer works closely with mechanical, optical, systems, industrial design, and electrical engineering teams to design quality, high-volume consumer products. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
Position would be expected to perform as an individual contributor on a Quality team working through development, design, manufacturing, production release, and ongoing production. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment.
The position is located in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico to support the manufacturing facility and will report to the Product Quality team located Plantation, Florida, USA. Candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Design, develop, and refine volume Quality process plans, monitor results, and improve the plan
- Identify best in class quality equipment / processes and specifying same
- Develop quality acceptance tests and collaborate with vendors to modify tests as needed
- Drive quality plan ramp readiness with mechanical, electrical, optics, systems, and operation engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional teams for root cause activity/problem solving for opto-mechanical or electrical components/devices
- 5+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, compact imaging systems or optical systems is preferred
- Experience with FMEA, Quality Control Plans (QCP), tolerance analysis, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Detailed knowledge of fabrication methods used in consumer electronics and compact imaging systems including injection mold tooling, sheet metal fabrication, die-castings, and lenses
- Experience with SMT and PCB for process, design, and failure analysis
- Detailed knowledge of quality plans and processes for mass production
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts such as DMAIC, Cp/Cpk, MSA, and PT
- Skill in data analysis and process qualification
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with the production ramp of a high volume product in factories in the US and Globally
- Ability to travel to other Magic Leap locations and vendors for up to 15% is required
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed