WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
For us, product management means thinking about behaviors of users in our developer ecosystem and systematically questioning assumptions to find reasons, gaps, options, and solutions in creating impact on gamers, developers and creators. We strive to understand why things work (or don’t work), and to implement those findings with a purpose and elegance.
As a Sr Product Manager at Epic you will be a vision holder for your team, collaborating with production, development, design and operations to build new products and services, processes and growth plans all in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You are responsible for driving better experience through disciplined analytics and experimentation with measurable goals. You will champion the vision and purpose of ‘WHY’ for existing products. This includes services, onboarding/activation/live operations, and optimization for all processes and governance.
Below are 3 key responsibilities that all successful Product Managers have at Epic
- Guide - Product managers at Epic are responsible for guiding the development team through idea generation and discovery, representing the voice of the user in design and development, defining the go-to-market strategy, and iterating to propel adoption and growth. We own the vision, strategy, definition of success, and adoption; we are responsible for aligning product priorities with the broader Epic vision.
- Collaborate - Partner with development teams, publishing, and operations to drive alignment and stack hands on the best outcome for our users and the business. Balance strategic execution against the vision and the roadmap with purposeful and effective communication, humble and proactive attitude and an open mind.
- Execute - Own the outcome for the product. Identify meaningful benchmarks, and iteratively drive improvements. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand user needs to understand where we need to iterate and to identify new opportunities to enhance existing products. Be a champion for working smarter, and finding ways to optimize how we work together.
What You'll Do
Epic Games seeks a Senior Product Manager to build and evolve a best of breed publishing tool for the Epic Games Store. This role will report directly to the Director of Product overseeing Epic Games Store, and will partner with a product peer on the consumer facing player side. This role will be an integral member of the Developer Experience development team, which builds products that make publishing on the Epic Games Store smooth, easy, and enjoyable. We own the outcome of a great experience for publishers and developers.
In This Role You Will
- Own the end-to-end publishing experience for the Epic Games Store, creating a frictionless and fun system for game developers.
- Own and champion key product health metrics as a part of driving prioritization decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define goals and thoughtfully evolve publishing experience, including: Executive Team, Development, UX/Design, Marketing, Publishing as well as Game Developers
- Take accountability for the adoption and success of features and product, both internally and externally
- Detail stories with use cases, dependencies, acceptance criteria and scope of features
- Maintain a live backlog, balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with dev leads to ensure alignment with roadmap, and make adjustments as necessary
- Understand behavior patterns/trends outside of direct publisher intake to identify new product opportunities
- Roll up your sleeves when the team needs help
What We're Looking For
- You are passionate about the products you manage and how they bring value to your customers and the business
- You see product development as a team effort, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, continuous discovery and continuous delivery mentality
- You are skilled at working effectively with your product team, internal stakeholders and partner teams, and across multiple time zones and countries
- You have strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You demonstrate a strong ability to research, summarize, and prioritize customer business requirements
- You are an excellent communicator, presenter, collaborator, and leader
- You are passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO and knowing how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager (publishing tool or B2B product experience preferred)
- You have a proven track record of driving product growth
- You have experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative user research
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $186,700 - $241,600. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and long-term incentives (subject to the terms of those plans) and receive discretionary bonuses when awarded by the company.
*For New York City residents only
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed