WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Go To Market Product Management for Unreal Engine defines the UE product portfolio, sets pricing, establishes messaging, builds routes to markets, works directly with customers to understand their needs, and works with senior management to make critical business decisions about our future plans.
What You'll Do
Product managers at this level are expected to make bigger and better decisions about product strategy and help build alignment and coordinate efforts across multiple stakeholders and disciplines at the company. They are expected to have deep expertise in a specific area such as user advocacy, market research, competitive analysis, strategic long-term planning, pricing, international adoption, product direction and vision setting, project planning, and/or tracking success metrics.
This role will be a product manager within the Unreal Engine team focusing on how we build, market, and sell Unreal Engine licensed products and support services, both directly and indirectly.
For us, product management means considering behaviors and systematically questioning assumptions. We strive to understand how things work (or don’t work), and to implement those findings with simplicity and elegance.
In this role, you will
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to guide our commercial product plans for Unreal Engine
- Partner with internal stakeholders and development teams to prioritize, plan, and implement the go to market strategy for Unreal Engine.
- Lead multiple initiatives or have a significant impact on major initiatives within the team
- Work autonomously to drive product requirement and execution
- Heavily invested in strategic product planning and GTM efforts (connecting with biz dev, operations, engineering, product marketing, support, finance, legal, and others)
- Proactively identify and resolve problems, develop pragmatic solutions, validate company-wide impact of decisions
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of product management experience taking products to market, defining pricing, defining contract terms, and/or building support offerings in games or enterprise software
- Ability to effectively communicate econometric models to business teams and incorporate feedback into project analysis/modeling
- Someone who is organized, able to work independently & with tight timelines
- Experience working in a cross functional environment with ability to explain complex concepts to various audience (engineering, design, QA, production and business stakeholders)
- Excellent communication, documentation writing and presentation skills
- High level of Excel proficiency required and SQL skills a plus
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine and game tech a plus
- Knowledge and passion for Epic Games products
- You’re user focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything you do
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $186,600 - $241,500*. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and long-term incentives (subject to the terms of those plans) and receive discretionary bonuses when awarded by the company.
*For New York City residents only
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed