At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking experienced product management professionals to help lead our Social Club product teams. As a member of our team, you will need a critical and creative eye capable of putting forth innovative solutions to complex problems. Working with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders, you will be tasked with cultivating and executing on a vision for the Rockstar Games online platform, which services millions of players worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- We also align technology and tools with our digital distribution platform to create solutions that enhance our games and empower various teams within Rockstar – including development, marketing, security, and customer support – to engage with our players.
- Work with internal teams to help create guidelines and features for the Rockstar Games platform to prevent socially harmful content and negative interactions between players.
- Advocate internally for new features to promote community health and safety.
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers to transform bold concepts into refined, well-scoped features that create a socially healthy and engaged online community.
- Turn general initiatives from executive leadership into actionable product plans.
- Draft briefs and liaise with technical leadership to gauge feasibility and level of effort.
- Generate and maintain product backlogs and roadmaps with consensus buy-in from stakeholders on scope and deliverable timelines.
- Command a high-level mastery of features and systems in your portfolio and explain their capabilities and limitations to non-technical stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of the content moderation landscape to identify new technologies and partnership opportunities to foster community health and a safe online experience for our players.
- Educate internal stakeholders about content moderation technologies and tools while advocating for their use in service across the Rockstar Games portfolio.
- Work with analytics teams to measure the success and impact of new product releases in the Online Safety space.
- Ensure technical and user documentation is properly maintained and organized.
- 5+ years of technology product management experience.
- Experience building or fostering healthy online communities.
- Confidence cultivating technical projects through inception, design and implementation.
- Preference towards working iteratively and responding to changing requirements and evolving stakeholder visions.
- Knack for influencing stakeholders across a variety of groups – including publishing, design, technical leadership, and external development partners – without explicit authority.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in the video game industry or other online community products.
- Avid gamer with a passion for Rockstar Games titles.
- Experience with multiple business areas, including Customer Experience, Marketing, Game Development, Legal, etc.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or similar product-focused certification.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States