Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Data Platform team develops and operates the platform that enables Twitch's data-informed decision-making, providing the tools to ingest, store, transform, move, and understand data at scale. Our data pipeline receives over 220 billion events a day, and we forward live data to hundreds of systems, powering data-driven decisions at all levels of Twitch – from the machine learning models that deliver personalized experiences on Twitch to empowering business staff with experimentation tools and self-serve analytics.
Reporting to the VP of the Data Platform, you will drive visioning for the next generation of the platform that enables Experimentation at Twitch. You will build trusted relationships with customers across the entire company to inform prioritization and product roadmaps that support end-to-end experimentation - everything from enrollment to analysis and deployment. You will partner with engineering and science to up-level experimentation practices and culture through the creation of standardized frameworks that evolve into tools and services. You oversee scaling our existing systems and bringing new products from 0-1.
You can work in Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; or remotely anywhere in the United States!
- Partner with product development teams across Twitch to define the future functionality of Twitch's experimentation platform
- Develop and promote the future vision of experimentation across the Twitch community
- Prioritize requests from diverse partners to inform and realize that vision
- Gather user feedback and usage data to understand business goals, validate product assumptions, and communicate requirements
- Collaborate with engineers to manage scope and maintain a healthy balance between velocity and quality of new features
- Strategize about roadmap decisions, discuss high-level vision, and share insights from your experience in the experimentation space
- 6+ years of product management experience; we firmly believe that Engineering, Science and TPM experience is valuable for PMs and counts towards time in role
- A strong understanding of best-in-class experimentation practices and the services required to increase velocity and quality of experiment results
- Experience product managing a public facing analytics API or platform used by software developers, machine learning practitioners or data scientists
- Background in statistics, data science, mathematics or related field
- Familiarity with Bayesian experimentation methodologies, n-armed bandits and optimization methods
- Formerly accountable for design and delivery of significant engagement or revenue impacting experiments, services or experiences
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $152-200 - $205,900 yr and in New York City is $167,400 - $226,500 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7741
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed