WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Our mission is to provide a world class platform to empower the business to leverage data to enhance, monitor, and support our products. We are responsible for data ingestion systems, processing pipelines, and various data stores all operating in the cloud. We operate at petabyte scale, and support near real time use cases as well as more traditional batch approaches.
What you'll do
You will be the vision holder for the data organization. We are very early in the process of migrating from a provider of data services to a data platform. You should be a strong communicator who is comfortable working across all aspects of the business to solicit feedback and requirements. You will work closely with the engineering leads across the data organization to prioritize and plan out the roadmap while refining the overall vision and strategy of the group. You will ultimately be responsible for driving a better experience for everyone in the company around data by helping to provide clearer onboarding, simpler paths to integration with data in flight or at rest, and enabling the business to make better use of the wealth of data we have.
In this role, you will
- Define longer-term product direction and strategy for data engineering and the data platform.
- Define success metrics for the key business and technical objectives in alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Own the roadmap for the data engineering organization. This group is responsible for data ingestion all the way through landing it in a queryable format. This means pipelines, system interfaces, databases, data products, and ETL work to support the analysts.
- Work closely with stakeholders and internal studios to ensure we’re working towards solutions that are easy to use and empower the rest of the business to properly leverage all of our data. Foster alignment with partner teams and ensure dependencies are being tracked and managed against.
- Work collaboratively with engineering as an advocate for the needs of our internal stakeholder, balancing internal development with vendor provided solutions to create a cohesive data platform.
- Foster a culture of product management within the data organization. This is a new discipline within data, and the ideal candidate is excited about establishing the foundations for product management on the team.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in a mix of big data and product management roles.
- Good technical understanding of batch and streaming data systems, familiarity with cloud based data warehouses, and exposure to core big data open source tools (Kafka, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Ability to work across different disciplines and teams to build a cohesive product vision for our data platform.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and using both qualitative and quantitative methods to define a prioritized roadmap. Good at distilling order from chaos.
- Ideal candidate has experience driving change and helping to integrate product into an engineering-driven organization.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed