Super Evil Megacorp
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER
Product Engineering is about building compelling, engaging progression systems, user interfaces that encourage player engagement, and user experiences that enrich the enjoyment of the game. As a Senior Product Engineer, you’ll be responsible for building modular, reusable systems coordinating with Platform, Gameplay systems, Art, and Design requirements to bring rich experiences for our players that define their journeys through our games. You’ll be responsible for creating and evaluating product specifications, expanding our technologies, building systems that will hold up through iterative revisions and live operations, and helping to grow the team’s collective expertise.
- Actively participate in a team working on game features by making recommendations on product quality improvements and group productivity
- Coordinate with other groups including art, design, and production to achieve project objectives
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule
- Write technical design specifications
- Create and maintain high-quality modular interface components
- Profile and optimize software components
- Collaborate with other engineers to help improve overall team competency
- You have a passion for programming and a keen eye for “fit and finish” detail.
- You have a talent for rapid prototyping.
- You are fluent in C++
- You have a strong grasp of good software engineering practices.
- You have a strong understanding of code optimization, performance, and scalability.
- You have strong troubleshooting skills.
- You have a desire to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- You have experience working with teams of at least 15 people.
- You have worked on several shipped games.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!