Free Range Games
Free Range Games grows games the old fashioned way: we don’t put our team in cages, we work distributedly, and we don’t use toxic work/life trade-offs. Some of our crafters have worked together from PS1 to PS5 and will tell you about carving games one triangle at a time from punch cards.
We are some of the folk behind Spider-man, Tony Hawk, Lord of the Rings, Twitch Sings, Oddworld, Shrek Super Slam, and dozens of mobile and web games. We believe every member of the team has a voice in what the game should be.
We prioritize community, family, and love-of-gaming over process, crunching, and TPS reports. And maybe that’s what you want too.
- Lead day-to-day production of cross-disciplinary teams
- Work with the team to gather estimates, compose schedules, and track progress
- Ensure high quality by reviewing the game as a potential customer
- Communicate constantly with the team and foster internal communication
- Manage time efficiently with task prioritization, resource coordination, risk assessment, and proactive problem solving
- Work closely with the rest of the Production team and department leads, keeping them informed of any issues or needs
- Own a portion of the overall budget and track P&L
- Coordinate the asset development pipeline (environments, props, characters, animation)
- Determine agendas and run efficient meetings
- Foster a positive team culture and an environment that motivates everyone to bring their best
- Intermediate to senior level of experience producing or developing console and PC games
- Experience coordinating virtually distributed teams across different time zones and locations
- Not afraid to get "in the trenches" and be hands on while fostering a positive and creative environment
- Experience in managing a wide variety of roles, particularly Art and Animation teams
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Expertise in modern task tracking software (JIRA)
- Experience with various project management techniques and a willingness to pick the one that's right for a particular situation
- Experience with large, multiplayer, live-services games a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Free Range Games is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Free Range Games makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Free Range Games participates in E-Verify.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed