1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What We're Looking For:
- A passionate producer: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks at hand
- Passion for gaming: You can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
- Help define and execute on the development strategy for the game.
- Help define scope, milestones and deliverables of the project.
- Directly run production for strike teams and/or craft teams.
- Identify risks and implement mitigation and contingency plans.
- Define project needs and assist on building the core teams.
- Ensure the project has the needed resources.
- Ensure smooth communication across all project internal and external teams.
- Drive planning and execution across the game teams including engineering, audio, art, and design.
- Collaborate with non-dev teams on product needs in terms of planning, scheduling, and tracking.
- Help refine, improve, and standardize production processes and metrics.
- 5+ years of experience in the production of video games.
- You have shipped at least one AAA title either on PC and/or console from start to end.
- Excellent knowledge of production, difficulties generally encountered by the teams and solutions tailored to their requirements.
- Analytical skills required to optimize and manage schedules and project resources to achieve desired results.
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple international teams, both internal and external.
- Experience with live games is preferred.
- Prefer PMP and/or Agile/Scrum Master certification
- In-depth experience with project and task management software preferred (Jira, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead creative efforts
- Demonstrated ability for effectively communicating feedback and direction
- Excellent written and verbal English communication, as well as presentation and group dynamics skills
- A mature, professional attitude, combined with a desire to have fun
- Experience and desire to work in a purely remote organization
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed