The job is for a game development position in the metaverse group at Improbable. The role involves delivering outcomes that positively impact business objectives, improving production processes, building relationships with stakeholders, and championing project objectives. The ideal candidate should be able to set clear objectives, organize development planning, communicate the project's vision, identify issues and propose solutions, and create workflows and tutorials. Improbable values diversity and does not discriminate based on various factors.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- For the key game area, continuously and autonomously deliver outcomes that have a positive impact on the business objectives
- Deliver meaningful improvements to the production craft in terms of processes, pipelines, and discipline
- Build excellent relationships of trust with the project’s internal and external stakeholders and by doing so strengthen their commitment to the product and team
- Actively make and propose time vs. quality vs. risk tradeoffs throughout the process of game development
- Consistently champion the pillars and objectives of the project with the development team
- With regards to process, make improvements for our cross-functional teams allowing them to maximize the quality of outputs in a way that is sensitive to costs and organizational timeframes
- Improve the team members' overall process and agile knowledge
- Take ownership of complex or challenging tasks and find a way to deliver on time and at high quality
Why You're Made For This
- Set clear objectives for a key game area (with regards to AERMO) to support business goals and deliver against them
- Organize the development planning so that the objectives will be met in a timely and efficient manner
- Hold the vision and communicate the direction for the team and external stakeholders
- Be the expert on our target player group by frequently analyzing their needs and feedback
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve development processes across disciplines
- Provide visibility for the team and external stakeholders of the progress made on the product and communicate risk when necessary
- Able to translate the high-level pillars and objectives of the project into meaningful work for the development team; someone who keeps the development schedule aligned with our goals
- Able to create workflows and tutorials that guide the entire task tracking/milestone management effort
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-04-29