Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Senior Policy Specialist for the Trust and Safety Policy Team to help us build, communicate, and apply our rules for what is permitted on Twitch.
You will tackle difficult content moderation questions, balancing the safety and expression needs of our community, our role in the larger social media and gaming spaces, and regulatory, business and operational needs. You'll develop and launch policies on a range of sensitive topics which may include content related to abuse, harassment and/or youth safety. You will summarize research, work with data, and partner with external experts and cross-functional partners including Trust & Safety Ops, Community Health, Product, Legal and Public Policy teams. Some evening and weekend work may be required to address new safety-related concerns.
This job will report to the Senior Director of Safety Policy.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Irvine, CA, or Seattle, WA.
- Research, build and communicate global policies that impact broad-reaching issues of safety and expression with a focus on sensitive topics including youth safety, mental health, harassment and bullying.
- Coordinate team processes, and manage multiple large projects
- Engage externally with experts and members of the Twitch community on safety matters
- Contribute to investigations of high-profile and gray area policy issues
- Help plan and launch safety education for a broad cross section of users and supporting regulatory compliance projects
- 5+ years of technology industry expertise or equivalent public or civil-sector experience in Trust & Safety policy, Government Affairs, policy communications, operations, or legal
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. As part of your application, you will complete a written policy proposal exercise.
- Experience working with user generated content and licensed content services and the surrounding policy environments
- Experience managing multi-partner projects
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving in demanding environments
- Familiarity with Twitch, and/or related gaming or social media services our creators, and our community
- Experience writing scaled online content moderation policies
- Experience with the content moderation and trust and safety landscape, particularly with regards to live streaming content.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $125,280 - $153,120 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7831
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed