Remedy Entertainment, an independent game studio, is seeking a Senior Pipeline Engineer to join their technology team and help redefine content creation pipelines using Universal Scene Description (USD). The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of experience in the game or film industry, proficiency in C++, and a test-driven mindset. Additional skills in Python, USD, Maya, and/or Houdini are a plus. The role involves collaborating with proprietary engine and tools teams, conducting R&D on new workflows, and adhering to high-quality programming standards. The company offers an inclusive and safe work environment, opportunities for skill development, work-life balance, and an extensive set of employee benefits. The position can be considered for remote work within Europe.
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Pipeline Engineer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As a Senior Pipeline Engineer, you will be joining our technology team on a journey to redefine our content creation pipelines, based on Universal Scene Description (USD).
We are looking for a colleague with a test-driven mindset - you know what it takes to write clean, optimal and maintainable code in C++. While this is a full-time software engineering role, you will have the opportunity to conduct R&D on new workflows; have a large impact on our content production capabilities.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
What you get to do
- Help develop an industry leading digital content creation pipeline using USD
- Collaborate with our proprietary engine and tools teams to build deep integrations between the Northlight engine and DCCs
- Adhere to high quality programming standards
- R&D on content pipelines and workflows
What you bring to the role
- 4+ years of experience working in the game or film industry
- Good proficiency in C++
- Curiosity, ability to learn fast and to communicate concisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Additional skills we'd like to see: Experience in Python, USD, Maya and/or Houdini. Also experience with custom in-house game engines, test driven development, continuous integration, API design, or concurrency, is seen as a plus.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date found: 2023-03-17